La Courtille Hard-paste porcelain factory was founded in 1772 by Jean-Baptiste Locré in an area of Paris called La Courtille. Locré was joined by Laurent Russinger in December of the same year. By 1773 the factory had registered its mark of two crossed arrows with the lieutenant general of the Paris police. In 1787 Locré sold the company to Russinger. After teaching the trade to his successors, the Pouyat brothers, Russinger retired in 1808.